Marcia Davis, Litigator Featured
Equine Lawyers / Marcia Davis
A shareholder and litigation partner in a multi-faceted firm, Marcia Davis handles cases involving professional liability and products liability. She is experienced in contractual disputes, complex commercial and banking issues, and significant injury. A Florida Bar board-certified civil trial lawyer since 2006, Marcia has tried more than 40 cases to verdict.
She is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit civil mediator. Consequently, Marcia handles mediations in complex cases involving professional and products liability issues, automobile negligence, commercial claims, contracts, construction, medical malpractice, and banking issues.
Marcia is active in the equine community. She represents horse farm owners, breeders, and trainers in administrative hearings, equine mortality claims, insurance litigation, and contractual matters. She is the owner and general manager of Criadero La Justicia, a Paso Fino breeding and show barn that competes on the national and international levels. Marcia is an active amateur owner and rider who has competed at the Paso Fino Grand National Show since 1995. Her favorite mare, La Margarita, is a five-time Grand National Champion and World Champion pleasure mare.
Marcia also serves as the chair of the Paso Fino Horse Foundation, lnc., a 501 (c)(3) charitable corporation. The charity has provided more than $180,000 in college scholarships in the past 14 years to more than 50 deserving Paso youth.
- Firm : Bice Cole Law Firm, P.L.
- How many years of experience do you have? : 35 years experience
- What is your level of trial experience? : Have tried more than 10 cases to verdict.
- Where are you licensed to practice [equine] law? : Florida
- Do you practice in Federal Court? : Yes
- Do you pro hac vice to other states? : Yes
- Do you offer free phone consultations? : Yes
- Experienced in equine industry legal matters, including : Agister and Stableman's Lien Enforcement, Barn Lease Agreements, Barn Liability, Boarding Agreements, Breeding Contracts, Breed Registries and Horse Registration, Commercial Horse Farm Sales, Contract, Equine Business Disputes, and Dispute Resolution (pre-suit and litigation), Contract Drafting and Negotiation, Disciplinary Hearing Representation, Equine Activity Statutes, Equine Injury Litigation, Equine Insurance, Equine Insurance Coverage Disputes, Equine Insurance Liability Policies or Coverage Issues, Equine Liability Waivers and Releases, Equine Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Equine Sales and Lease Disputes, Equine Sales Contracts, Equine Transactions, Fraud In the Sale/Purchase of Horses, Hold Harmless Agreements, Injuries as a Result of Negligent Trainers, Injuries from Broken Tack, Insurance Coverage Disputes, Litigation, Mediation and Arbitration, Negligent Injury to Horse/Rider, Personal Injury, Risk Management, Stable Keeper's Liens, Veterinary Malpractice Representation
- Check all listings by this user
- Add to favorites